- If you need to report an emergency such as a wire on the ground or the smell of gas, call 911.
- For non-emergency unsafe conditions, please report issues to your local utility. If you cannot resolve the issue with the utility, call us at 1(800)649-7570 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For billing and service related issues, call 1(800)649-7570 or File a Formal Complaint Online.
Utilities and Generation Asset Owners
- If you are a gas or electric utility and need to report an incident, click here or call 1(800)235-1076.
- If you are an electric utility and need to report a major outage, click here or call 1(800)235-1076.
- If you are a generation asset owner or power plant representative and need to report a safety-related incident, click here.
A Whistleblower, who can be assisted by the CPUC, is an employee, contractor, or subcontractor of a company regulated by the Commission who reports his/her employer’s suspected unsafe, unlawful, or dishonest activity.
In an emergency, please call 911!
To Report Unsafe Conditions call 1(800)649-7570 or File a Whistleblower Online Report.
To Report Fraudulent Activity(deceptive practices resulting in financial or other losses to consumers) call 1(800)649-7570 or Report Fraud Online.
Links Regarding Emergency Reporting Requirements
Decision 06-04-055 Appendix B
General Order 166: Standards for Operation, Reliability, and Safety During Emergencies and Disasters
General Order 167:Maintenance and Operation Standards for Electric Generating Facilities