Telephone Carrier Performance Bond Requirements
All CPCN, WIR and NDIEC holders are required to post a continuous performance bond to facilitate collection of fines, fees, surcharges, taxes, penalties, and restitution.
- For CPCN and WIR holders
- The amount must be $25,000. (The Phase 2 of R.11-11-006 will determine a reasonable performance bond amount based upon intrastate revenue.)
- D.13-05-035: Revises the certification process for telephone corporations seeking or holding certificates of public convenience and necessity, and wireless carriers seeking or holding registration.
- For NDIEC holders
- The amount must be equal to or greater than 10% of intrastate revenues reported to the Commission during the preceding calendar year or $25,000, whichever is greater.
- D.11-09-026: Clarified that the performance bond required by PUC §1013 (f) could be used to facilitate the collection of taxes or fees both in addition to fines, penalties, or restitution.
- D.10-09-017 Compliance Requirements for Non-Dominant Interexchange Carrier (NDIEC) Registration Licensees
- The sample bond is provided as guidance. Depending on the authority granted, please select one of the following bond templates provided below:
o CPCN/WIR Sample Bond
o NDIEC Sample Bond
For further inquiries, please send an email to: Telcofiling@cpuc.ca.gov
Annual CD-ROM Tariff Filing
Annual Report Forms
Regulatory/Official Contact Information Update Request
CPUC User Fee Reporting Requirements
Surcharges and User Fees
Affiliate Transaction Reporting Requirements:
- R.92-08-008 - Rulemaking which adopted affiliate transaction reporting requirements and report templates
- D.93-02-019 - Decision which made certain revisions to the Rulemaking
Requirements Covering Contracts for Tariffed Services / Penalties for Late Filings
Telecommunications Data Request Forms